SECORP Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy.
This applies to all personally identifiable information we receive, such as your name, address and telephone number, and any data you submit to us as an attendee at one of our events.
We take this stance not just to fulfil our legislative obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”), but also because we value your trust and our ongoing relationship.
This policy describes how we will abide by the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) that form part of the Act. These principles relate to:
From time to time, it may be necessary to collect personal and/or sensitive information about you to fulfil one or more of our events, functions or business activities. We will always undertake such collection by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Wherever reasonable and practicable, we will collect personal information from you. At the time we collect this information, we will:
- identity ourselves
- explain to you why we wish to collect or have collected this information
- inform you of how to gain access to any information we hold on you, including providing you with our contact details
- inform you of any consequences to you if you do not provide all or part of the information required.
If we collect personal information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the matters listed above, in accordance with the provisions of the NPPs.
Use and disclosure
SE-Corp gathers specific delegate data for our events that is of strategic nature and outlines the investment strategies and metrics of our delegates and their organisations. This data is submitted to us voluntarily by these delegates and their organisations and enables us to deliver aligned content and events.
A such, in certain circumstances, we will also use or disclose the personal or business information that you have submitted to us for a purpose other than the main reason it was collected (i.e. a secondary purpose).
These circumstances are when:
- the strategic data you have submitted to us enables us to suggest potential providers that are aligned with your investment strategy, as outlined in the data; or
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- you have not specifically stated we should not share this data within our partner network; or
- the information is not sensitive information and the secondary purpose is direct marketing and:
- it is impracticable for us to seek your consent before that particular use; and
- you have not requested that we do not send you direct marketing communications;
- we provide you with the express opportunity to decline any further direct marketing communications at the time of first contact and thereafter upon request, and at no cost to you;
At times we may send you emails we think you will be interested in. It is our policy to occasionally contact you in this manner, only if we have your consent to do so. Please note that we will have deemed to have been granted consent under the following circumstances:
- where you have given us direct consent, via telephone, email, in writing or when prompted through attending one of our events, surveys or other collection forms.
- where we have stated that your consent is required as part of our terms and conditions.
- where we have a direct relationship with you, via your attendance at one of our events. Please note in this circumstance, consent is only recorded for that specific product series.
If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to receive any such material from SE-Corp, simply email email@example.com and ask to be removed.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer require personal information for any of the purposes for which it may legally be used or disclosed, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
In accordance with the Act, we have prepared this document which clearly expresses our policies on the management of personal information. We will continue to make it available to anyone who requests it.
Upon request, we will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold on you, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.